Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Here I Go Again On My Own"


Well, it's been a crazy summer, and so far a crazy semester, but here I am again. Summer was spent mostly working, but I did make it to a show here and there:

July- Goo Goo Dolls with Switchfoot and the Spill Canvas: Darien Lake, NY

I took a trip up to New York after work one night, spent the next morning and afternoon in the monsoon that was downtown Buffalo, went to the show at about 7pm, and drove back home (about 5 hrs) to wake up for a doctors appointment at 9:30 in the morning. Needless to say, I was exhausted (I got about 4hrs of sleep) but the trip was amazing. I forgot how much I loved Switchfoot until I saw them live, and the Goo Goo Dolls are one of my favorite bands so naturally I loved them! I strongly recommend seeing both bands live, they interact with the crowd really well and sound amazing.

August- Backstreet Boys: Amphitheater at Station Square, Pittsburgh

My friends and I made a trek to Station Square for a little blast from the past. I missed BSB the first time around when I was between 8 and 12, so I was actually really excited this time around. I am not ashamed to say that I still remembered most of the songs and was singing along the entire time! If you're looking for a hilarious, fun show, this is for you. They took a long time getting out on stage, but it was a fun time.

September- Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Buckcherry: Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh

This is the second time I've seen Nickelback and they put on one hell of a show! Last summer they played Post-Gazette Pavilion, now First Niagara Pavilion, and I felt like they did a lot more at this show. The main reason I went to this show was to see Three Days Grace. They rely on their music more than lights and effects and are able to really tear it up! If you want an amazing rock show, GO SEE THEM!! Buckcherry was good, but the lead singer's voice is not so great live.

Kings of Leon...not! This was the show I looked forward to the most this year, and it was cancelled.

Not a big concert season this year, but it was full of awesome shows! See any shows this summer? Feel free to share...
This year it's just me and my writing, no class to have things posted for, just updates and experiences. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment