Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Beethoven's Last Night


The Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO) is coming to the Benedum Center this Sunday, April 4th. TSO is currently on tour for Beethoven's Last Night which was first released in 2004. The story follows Beethoven on his last night on Earth and is based on actual events with the creative twist of events that might have happened. During the second half of the show, they will be performing pieces from their newest album Night Castle which was released in October 2009.

TSO is probably most known for their Christmas albums/works and debuted with the single "Christmas Eve" in 1996. TSO is a high energy rock version of classical music which makes it much more enjoyable. I usually prefer vocal pieces over purely instrumental pieces, but with TSO, it is the complete opposite. I like their instrumental pieces much much more than their pieces that include vocalists. I recommend going to see the show if you have a chance because the music is amazing! I haven't seen them live, but just listening to their music blows me away.

The show is April 4th and 7:30pm and tickets start at $53.50. For tickets, visit the Benedum's website. For more info on TSO, visit their website here.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I like their instrumentals also. i think the vocals detract from their performance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that CD, it is awesome, I can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete